The Benefits of Ozone Sanitation
May 02, 2016
Ozone is triatomic oxygen created naturally by Earth's atmosphere and mimicked by engineers to be used as a powerful disinfectant.
An ozone sanitation system uses of one nature's most powerful oxidizers for simple and effective disinfection of walk-in tubs, bathtubs, whirlpools, and hot tubs.
How Ozone Is Used in Hydromassage Walk-In Tubs
It is used to clean out the water lines connecting the whirlpool jets together after use for a consistently hygienic bathing experience. In this way, the ozone self-cleaning system makes your tub require very little upkeep, cost-effective
with respect to detergents, and odorlessly clean.
The Advantages of Ozone Sanitation Systems
Let's look at the benefits of the ozone sanitation systems used by walk-in tubs and why they're so effective:
- An ozone system disinfects the tub from bacteria, viruses, manganese, iron, hydrogen sulfide, human fluids, and all other organics.
- Ozone reacts with water within a matter of minutes and does not form any harmful byproducts in the process.
- Ozone is two-hundred times more effective than chlorine.
- Noninvasive as it is, ozone does not react with detergents after scrubbing; what's left on the tub's surface is regular oxygen.
- Whether you are in the middle of a warm bath or scrubbing your walk-in bathtub with cold water, ozone is just as effective in either temperature.
- Ozone disinfects the mold and mildew that purge out of the water jets when they have not been used for a while.
- Ozone meets FDA and EPA standards as a disinfectant.